Here at boxxe, we are a UK–based client and technology–focused service provider within the public sector and corporate space. Our future is building innovate products and services to take to market based on next-generation technologies. During our exciting period of growth, we are looking to onboard a Systems Support Engineer.
As part of the Security Services team, you will be responsible for managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure for our managed customers. You’ll configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools whilst proactively working to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
As a Support Engineer, you will be a key part of the Security Services Team, you will provide support, management and administration across a broad range of technologies and services for all of our managed services customers. You’ll be working on services which include Public and Private Cloud, Networking and Systems Infrastructure (Compute, Storage etc.) as well as being involved and assisting in new projects for our customers.
What you’ll be doing
We are looking to recruit an additional team member, who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn new technologies.
As an IT System Engineer your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Becoming a valued part of the Security Services team.
- Provide technical support.
- Helping the existing staff, to deliver IT support services to clients.
- Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls and tickets are handled within appropriate timescales.
- Working on resolving first and second line support where capable and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues.
You will receive ongoing training and accreditation, enabling you to build on your knowledge and experience, this combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer. The certifications you gain are highly respected and globally recognised, enabling you to continue developing and enhancing your professional career within the IT sector.
What experience we think you’ll need
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows based environments.
- Experience with virtualization (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V)
- Networking knowledge and experience with Cisco, (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Keen to learn new technologies
- Logical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to adapt to new tasks easily
- Good work ethic
- Strong customer service skills
At boxxe we believe that business should be about more than just profits. Sustainability is a core value. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact, encouraging inclusive working environments, and trading ethically. Everyone at boxxe is responsible for considering the impact of their actions on the environment and for reducing our carbon footprint through embracing Work from Anywhere (in the UK) principles, minimising travel by using virtual technology and adopting sustainable practices.
boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.