Service Desk Shift Manager
boxxe is a growing technology business that must be driven and supported by the use of technology internally in order to achieve the goals that we have set ourselves.
You will be using your proven, successful management knowledge and skills, and positive management style to enable, motivate and develop individuals to successfully deliver an outstanding customer service experience, ensuring Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are met, within a managed service environment. You will be accomplished in successfully driving a ticket stack, managing customer escalations to resolution, effectively managing change and working within the ITIL framework.
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
You will be leading a team of 1st line Service Desk Support Analysts and 2nd line Engineers whose role is to identify, diagnose and respond positively to Incidents, requests, and events, within the defined SLAs, ensuring they provide timely customer updates in accordance with policy.
You will be managing and developing a team to enable them to effectively deliver a high-quality customer service to both internal and external customers. You will report to the Service Desk Manager.
You will be required to come into the office a minimum of 1 day a month.
What you’ll be doing
- Line management. Responsible for direct line management of a team of Service Desk Analysts and Engineers working on a rota basis to cover our delivery hours of 07:00 to 19:00 on alternating shifts of 07:00 to 15:30 and 10.30 to 19:00 respectively. You will form part of a team working collaboratively with other team managers. You will be responsible for scheduling and leading regular 1-2-1 meetings with the team, supporting recruitment activities and owning the performance monitoring and management of your team to ensure all are equipped to successfully meet their responsibilities
- User query/issue handling. Ensure user queries or issues are consistently captured, validated, triaged, and responded to within the agreed SLAs
- Communicating with customers. Ensure your team are proactively communicating within the required timeframes and in the most appropriate manner (internal and external), take ownership of that communication where required to meet a successful outcome
- Monitoring and Reporting. Be highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a fast-paced environment where the pace of response is critical to success. You will be accustomed to analysing data, reporting, and presenting information on the performance of your team to your manager
- Ownership of KPIs and SLAs. Successfully drive the ticket stack, identifying commonly reoccurring problems ensuring breached SLAs are challenged and kept to a minimum.
- Optimization. Work with the Service Desk Manager to transition new services, identify service improvements, build competency levels, share knowledge and information with your team to ensure a consistently high delivery of service
- Maintaining technical knowledge. Work alongside your team to deliver technical support to our customers. Identify training opportunities to support your team to develop and grow within a changing environment
- Management of escalated queries and issues. You will take a proactive and logical approach toward problem-solving and effectively guide, assist, support and provide feedback as required
What experience we think you’ll need
- IT industry experience in a Technical Help Desk or Technical Customer Service environment
- People management / leadership experience and capability
- Proven success driving the Ticket Stack to deliver optimum results in a fast paced environment
- Proactive, logical, and innovative approach to positively support change
- Possess strong relationship management and influencing skills, able to communicate clearly and concisely
- Personal drive, energy, and commitment toward positively managing a team to provide a high-quality service
- Thrive in a dynamic environment where not everything is defined, and change is a constant
- Ability to work with customers remotely using a variety of communication methods
- Excellent time management, attention to detail and have a real passion for technology
- Ability to analyse data, collate and present reports on performance and trends
- A team player with the passion to push themselves and their team to succeed and be high achievers
- You will have a good understanding of ITIL and hold the relevant certification or will be willing to undertake the qualification
At boxxe we believe that business should be about more than just profits. Sustainability is a core value. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact, encouraging inclusive working environments, and trading ethically. Everyone at boxxe is responsible for considering the impact of their actions on the environment and for reducing our carbon footprint through embracing Work from Anywhere (in the UK) principles, minimising travel by using virtual technology and adopting sustainable practices.
boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.
- Service Desk
- Service Desk
- York HQ
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
What we give you..
🏥Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
💸Cashplan for your everyday healthcare through WPA
💰Contributory Pension Scheme
📅24 Days Annual Leave that increase on length of service & 8 UK Bank Holiday's
📈Personalised Learning & Development
📣Progression Path & Support from Leadership
📞Employee Assistance Programme Available to You and Your Household
👶Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Leave
🚲Cycle to Work Scheme through Cycle Scheme
🎉Charity Fundraising Events Throughout the Year
🤝🏻 11.5 boxxe Community Days a Year
As an aspiring B Corporation accredited business, boxxe is part of a global community of leaders committed to ensuring business is a force for personal, collective and environmental good. As an organisation, we are defined by making technology human and a core part of our mission is to give back to the wider community of which we are a part. That’s why we created the boxxe Community, which is committed to leveraging the many resources both within boxxe and across our customers and partners to support initiatives that utilise technology to make our communities more inclusive and more sustainable.
In practice, the boxxe Community will provide the skills and expertise of our teams, technology, resources and partners in a wide range of projects. These will include working with our charity partners on improving their digital infrastructure and implementing new platforms to increase their revenue and capabilities.
boxxe exists to enable organisations to be the best they can be through the use of technology and by giving every person, wherever they are in the world, the confidence to use that technology to drive efficiency and effectiveness in every aspect of their working lives.
Service Desk Shift Manager
Loading application form
Already working at boxxe?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.