Health & Safety and Facilities Manager
boxxe is driven by remarkable people and teams, enabling people, systems, and technology to function efficiently and effectively using every type of new technology and service on the market to increase margins, improve customer service, reduce operating costs in a safe and inclusive working environment. The result is an effective, engaged workforce and better operational performance throughout thousands of organisations across the UK.
Above all, we are driven by our values. We care for our clients, our people and the environment that sustains us all. We put sustainability at the core of what we do and by making technology human, we lead our industry, and we’ll help others lead theirs: that’s the power of boxxe.
This role requires 2-3 days a week working in our offices based in York and Sutton-on-the-Forest.
The Health and Safety & Facilities Manager will hold full responsibility for Health & Safety across the business including circa 200 boxxers working remotely, across our two offices and warehouse facility based in York.
Working alongside the General Counsel we are looking for a passionate and ambitious Health and Safety Manager to help ensure legal compliance and health & safety industry best practice amongst our boxxers, partners, suppliers and charity partners and to manage the running of our office and warehouse facilities.
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
As boxxe’s Competent Person in respect of Corporate Health and Safety matters you will ensuring a proactive Health & Safety and risk management culture including safe systems of work and working environment are in place and adhered to. You will be a strategic and operational leader, responsible for the development and delivery of health & safety competence, continuously improving processes where possible and ensuring all team members are always up to date on best practices and training.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for managing all aspects of health and safety matters within boxxe including but not limited to: risk assessments, health and safety policy, fire safety, COSHH Administrator and emergency planning to ensure legal compliance, including health and safety strategic development.
- Have a strong understanding of UK Health & Safety legislation, staying up to date with Health and Safety and environment regulations and able to interpret new HSE legislation and guidance and update as necessary the corporate Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of boxxe’s commitment to Health and Safety and Risk Management across the whole business through a proactive approach that will involve staff training and promotion of awareness. Promote ownership of safety and environmental issues with supervisory and management teams by embedding a culture of positive risk management across all areas.
- Review and monitor all health and safety arrangements, including management systems, practices and policies, acting accordingly to minimise risks.
- Formulation of accident and incident information for the Business. Ensuring that all the accidents, good catches etc. are reported and recorded accurately and analysis undertaken and investigations into incidents and accidents performed to ensure lessons are learnt.
- Supporting and working collaboratively with the People team in relation to occupational health management and DSE assessments.
- Strive for continuous quality improvement working with departments and effectively create quality improvement plans based on audit inspections and deliver projects in line with improving the Health and Safety and well-being of boxxers.
- Undertake audits of the Health and Safety arrangements of our contractors and consultants and work closely with the boxxe Community Partner to ensure risks associated with new volunteering and pro bono activities are documented and appropriate mitigations put in place where required to ensure Health & Safety compliance.
- Responsible for the annual audit and inspection regime including preparation of business and individual work locations for external and internal ISO14001, 9001 and 45001 audits. Assisting with the IMS audit programme. Following audits all actions that have been identified ensure that these are closed out in a timely manner and report all outstanding actions through to the Exec Team.
- Prepare and deliver briefings and reports as required to Board, Senior Leadership Team (SLT) and other forums both internal and external as required to agreed deadlines.
- Through effective Facilities Management lead boxxe towards a greener, more efficient business model including energy performance improvements and other initiatives in line with our carbon reduction plan, with focus continuing to be environmentally friendly and conscious approach.
- Ensure key operational risks and potential hazards are identified and controlled including looking at whole building risk areas from roof top to waste extraction.
- Effective Waste Management including safe disposal of hazardous and WEE waste.
- Management of the Environmental Management System.
- Effective management of the office facilities including, but not limited to, arranging scheduled and emergency maintenance and repair work, taking responsibility for contractors, managing visitors and ensuring our office and warehouse locations run smooth operations.
- Management of facilities budget to ensure appropriate spend and costs are effectively managed.
What experience we think you’ll need
- An experienced Health and Safety professional with facilities management experience. Driven to make a safe and inclusive working environment with the ability to think laterally, solve problems and simplify complex/technical topics making them accessible and easy to understand for everyone.
- Demonstrable and substantial experience of Health and Safety management at a senior level, including managing risks, monitoring, and improving performance. With an in-depth knowledge and understanding of key H&S legislation.
- Hold relevant qualifications such as: NEBOSH and IOSH Membership or equivalent and able to demonstrate an understanding and a working knowledge of ISO:45001 & ISO:14001 certification standards, and ISO:9001 Quality management standard. Have a practical experience of all aspects of environmental legislation and reporting requirements.
- Evidence of taking ownership and ability to prioritise and deal with a wide range of business requirements, as well as usual activities at the same time to meet tight deadlines without sacrificing quality and accuracy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and an ability to influence all levels of the organisation to improve health and safety with strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Good negotiations skills and confident submitting and managing budgets.
- First Aid trained or willing to undertake qualification
- Advanced computer skills including Excel, Word and web-based portals.
At boxxe we believe that business should be about more than just profits. Sustainability is a core value. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact, encouraging inclusive working environments, and trading ethically. Everyone at boxxe is responsible for considering the impact of their actions on the environment and for reducing our carbon footprint through embracing Work from Anywhere (in the UK) principles, minimising travel by using virtual technology and adopting sustainable practices.
boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.
- York HQ
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
What we give you..
🏥Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
💸Cashplan for your everyday healthcare through WPA
💰Contributory Pension Scheme
📅24 Days Annual Leave that increase on length of service & 8 UK Bank Holiday's
📈Personalised Learning & Development
📣Progression Path & Support from Leadership
📞Employee Assistance Programme Available to You and Your Household
👶Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Leave
🚲Cycle to Work Scheme through Cycle Scheme
🎉Charity Fundraising Events Throughout the Year
🤝🏻 11.5 boxxe Community Days a Year
As an aspiring B Corporation accredited business, boxxe is part of a global community of leaders committed to ensuring business is a force for personal, collective and environmental good. As an organisation, we are defined by making technology human and a core part of our mission is to give back to the wider community of which we are a part. That’s why we created the boxxe Community, which is committed to leveraging the many resources both within boxxe and across our customers and partners to support initiatives that utilise technology to make our communities more inclusive and more sustainable.
In practice, the boxxe Community will provide the skills and expertise of our teams, technology, resources and partners in a wide range of projects. These will include working with our charity partners on improving their digital infrastructure and implementing new platforms to increase their revenue and capabilities.
boxxe exists to enable organisations to be the best they can be through the use of technology and by giving every person, wherever they are in the world, the confidence to use that technology to drive efficiency and effectiveness in every aspect of their working lives.
Health & Safety and Facilities Manager
Loading application form
Already working at boxxe?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.