Senior Systems Engineer
boxxe is driven by remarkable people and teams, enabling people, systems, and technology to function efficiently and effectively using every type of new technology and service on the market to increase margins, improve customer service, reduce operating costs in a safe and inclusive working environment. The result is an effective, engaged workforce and better operational performance throughout thousands of organisations across the UK.
This role will require you to come into the office once a month
The Senior Systems Engineer will be a key part of the 3rd line Service Operations team within boxxe and provide Support, Management and Administration to a broad range of Technologies\Services for all of our Managed Service customers. Services include: Public and Private Cloud, Networking, Systems Infrastructure (Compute, Storage etc.), M365 and MDM.
How you’ll fit in to the big picture
Our 3rd Line Service Operations team provides the top tier of proactive and reactive support for our managed service customers. Requiring excellent broad technical knowledge, and the highest level of customer service in addition to the specific specialisms that each member of the team holds.
- Provide top tier operational technical support.
- Proactively manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure for all managed customers.
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools whilst proactively working to ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
What you’ll be doing
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations across a wide range of customer environments.
- Protecting data, software, and hardware by coordinating, planning, and implementing network security measures.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Proactively monitor, manage and resolve the performance and availability of networks, applications and infrastructure.
- Coordinating computer network access and use.
- Configuring and testing networking, computer hardware, application and operating system software, and system management tools.
- Manage security, backup, resilience and disaster recovery strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Ownership of technical knowledge transition from project to BAU service.
- Liaise with Vendors and other boxxe technical personnel for incident resolution.
- Work with Security Operations Team where remedial action is required.
- Liaison with boxxe Head of Internal Systems to meet internal audit compliance.
- Participate in the Out of Hours on call rota.
- Ability to travel within the UK and work flexibly.
What experience we think you’ll need
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows, UNIX, Linux, MacOS, iOS, and Android based environments
- Experience of working in a multiple enterprise level customer support team
- Experience in the administration and performance tuning of Networks, Operating Systems, Storage devices and applications including SQL Databases
- Solid Cloud experience, preferably in Azure
- Solid experience with Microsoft Office 365 and InTune
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g. LogicMonitor, Solarwinds, PRTG etc.)
- Experience with automation software would be desirable
- Solid networking knowledge and experience with Cisco, Sophos and Palo-Alto (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Experience of typical enterprise level hardware vendor solutions (e.g. Compute, Storage, LAN, WLAN, EUC)
- Experience of producing quality support documentation
- Experience diagnosing root cause of issues and producing appropriate reports
- Desirable vendors certifications include: CCNP, MCSE, VCP
At boxxe we believe that business should be about more than just profits. Sustainability is a core value. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact, encouraging inclusive working environments, and trading ethically. Everyone at boxxe is responsible for considering the impact of their actions on the environment and for reducing our carbon footprint through embracing Work from Anywhere (in the UK) principles, minimising travel by using virtual technology and adopting sustainable practices.
boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.
- Service Desk
- System Support Engineer
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Employment type
What we give you..
🏥Private Medical Insurance through Vitality
💸Cashplan for your everyday healthcare through WPA
💰Contributory Pension Scheme
📅24 Days Annual Leave that increase on length of service & 8 UK Bank Holiday's
📈Personalised Learning & Development
📣Progression Path & Support from Leadership
📞Employee Assistance Programme Available to You and Your Household
👶Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Leave
🚲Cycle to Work Scheme through Cycle Scheme
🎉Charity Fundraising Events Throughout the Year
🤝🏻 11.5 boxxe Community Days a Year
As an aspiring B Corporation accredited business, boxxe is part of a global community of leaders committed to ensuring business is a force for personal, collective and environmental good. As an organisation, we are defined by making technology human and a core part of our mission is to give back to the wider community of which we are a part. That’s why we created the boxxe Community, which is committed to leveraging the many resources both within boxxe and across our customers and partners to support initiatives that utilise technology to make our communities more inclusive and more sustainable.
In practice, the boxxe Community will provide the skills and expertise of our teams, technology, resources and partners in a wide range of projects. These will include working with our charity partners on improving their digital infrastructure and implementing new platforms to increase their revenue and capabilities.
boxxe exists to enable organisations to be the best they can be through the use of technology and by giving every person, wherever they are in the world, the confidence to use that technology to drive efficiency and effectiveness in every aspect of their working lives.
Senior Systems Engineer
Loading application form
Already working at boxxe?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.