For us, tech has never been about just hardware or software. It’s about people. It’s our meaningful relationships, deep expertise and practical know-how in technology that drive what we do. We put our customers, our partners and the environment at the heart of everything we do and our people are the difference that make the difference.
At boxxe, we understand, we collaborate, we simplify, we care and we deliver; together we are making tech human.
Your Mission 💪
The 3rd line engineer will be a key part of the Secure Services Team within boxxe and provide Support, Management and Administration to a broad range of Technologies\Services for all our Managed Service customers. Services include Public and Private Cloud, Networking and Systems Infrastructure (Computer, Storage etc.)
What you’ll be doing 🎯
- Maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations across a wide range of customer environments.
- Monitoring, maintaining and patching of an Azure Stack System
- Performing disaster recovery operations and data backups when required.
- Troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving hardware, software, and other network and system problems.
- Proactively monitoring system performances to ensure all environments are operating efficiently and implementing changes where necessary to ensure optimum performance.
- Manage and monitor installed systems and infrastructure for our customers.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Maintain security, backup, resilience, and disaster recovery strategies.
- Write and maintain user guides, and knowledge-based articles to improve system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Liaise with Vendors and other boxxe technical personnel for problem resolution.
- Participate in the Out of Hours on call rota.
What experience we think you’ll need 🚀
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows and Linux based environments.
- Good cloud knowledge, preferably in Azure/Azure Stack
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Hyper-V)
- Experience with monitoring systems (e.g., Logic Monitor, SolarWinds, PRTG etc.)
- Good networking knowledge and experience of OSI (Open Systems Interconnection) network layers, TCP/IP
- Experience of typical enterprise level hardware vendor solutions (e.g., Compute, Storage, LAN, WLAN, EUC)
- Experience of producing quality support documentation
- Desirable vendors certifications include: CCNA, MCSA, VCP or similar
At boxxe we believe that business should be about more than just profits. Sustainability is a core value. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact, encouraging inclusive working environments, and trading ethically. Everyone at boxxe is responsible for considering the impact of their actions on the environment and for reducing our carbon footprint through embracing Work from Anywhere (in the UK) principles, minimising travel by using virtual technology and adopting sustainable practices.
boxxe embraces diversity. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. boxxe does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All our employment is based on qualification, excellence, and business need.